Filter pad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel R

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have some aqua one filter pad that I use to help my filtration and really get that crystal clear tank however it's expensive and I was wondering if I can use cotton or any other things.

Attachments

• image-3089495629.jpg
    image-3089495629.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 63
Go to the local walmart and get a bag of polyfill. Make sure it doesnt have fire retardant. It should say so if it does.

Go on eBay and look for aquarium pond filter pad . I bought a 20ft by 2ft roll for like 12 bucks shipped I haven't even went threw a 1/4 of it and if it gets clogged just rinse it in some tank water and good as new I cut a new piece maybe once a month just to replace it.

If you buy the polyfill batting @ walmart you can readily cut the stuff to length needed for your type of filter. As already noted make sure its not fire proof.

If you go to Walmart I suggest buying the polyester batting pads instead of the polyfil. It's the same thing except the clumps of polyfil may break up and you'll get strands in your tank. The pads are the same idea as pond filter or the blue bonded pads you can buy online Or in petco.

Slade said:
If you go to Walmart I suggest buying the polyester batting pads instead of the polyfil. It's the same thing except the clumps of polyfil may break up and you'll get strands in your tank. The pads are the same idea as pond filter or the blue bonded pads you can buy online Or in petco.

I don't have a Walmart I live is aus

Back
Top Bottom