Filter problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moonshadowbox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have 4 set ups and a quarantine tank. My 10 gal had an external filter and I kept losing fish to them getting stuck on the side of the intake. All my other tanks with filters have in-tank filters and have never experienced issues with them so I thought switching the filter in the 10 gal would solve the problem. Then I woke up this morning and one of the mollies in my quarantine tank was dead and stuck to the intake. How can I stop this from happening? Picture is of the last death with the in-tank filter.

Attachments

• 20170512_104753.jpg
    20170512_104753.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 55
Healthy fish won't get stuck to the intake of a filter unless it's SUPER over-powerful.

What are your current parameters like?

A trick I've seen a lot is to take a pair of ladies tights (or stockings or nylons or pantyhose or whatever you call them), cut the foot off, slip it over the filter and rubber-band it in place.

Look up "baffle filter intake" on google/YouTube for other ideas.

I would definitely try to figure out if there's an underlying cause though.

I agree, something was wrong with the fish. I have newborn guppy fry that are able to get away from two hob filter intakes. That looks like an adult molly, which when healthy should have no problem.

I also have livebearer fry and have never lost one that way, something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom