Filter q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liquidice79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think I'm on the right track here but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Am I right in thinking that if I have a DSB and LR I won't need to have any media in my cannister filter and just use it to cycle the water? The cannister cycles about 264gal p/hr. The tank is 67gal so I'm figuring I'll need about 100pounds of LR. (I'm an Aussie, all this converting is killing me!!) Does this make sense? It's late and I'm really tired so apologies in advance if not :)

You are indeed correct, sir :wink:

The canister can also be used with just GAC. I would also add a powerhead on the opposite side of the tank. When using LR for main filtration you should have at least 10x total tank volume per hour waterflow.

fwiw - if you don't have one ( i didn't see any mention of it above) you might want to invest in a good protein skimmer to complement the filtration capabilities of lr + dsb.

Thanx pipples!!

And just for the record I'm not a sir, I'm a woman :D

I'm still in research stages so protien skimmer, powerheads etc I know I have to get. I'm also planning to have another filter to aid water turnover p/hour

Back
Top Bottom