Filters!! So many.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish4bass8 said:
Thanks for all the info guys!!!!! :) so r u guys saying that I should get the knock-off brand or the other one??

It would seem the general consensus is yes you would be fine with a sunsun/perfect/aquatop/grech.

303b:
Bottom - ceramic pre-filter media topped with a coarse pad.
Middle - medium filter pad (x3) cut from a bulk roll.
Top - ceramic bio-rings.

304b:
Bottom - small bio-balls for coarse pre-filter.
Middle 1 - coarse pad topped with medium pad (x2) cut from bulk roll.
Middle 2 - empty.
Top - ceramic bio-rings.

blert said:
303b:
Bottom - ceramic pre-filter media topped with a coarse pad.
Middle - medium filter pad (x3) cut from a bulk roll.
Top - ceramic bio-rings.

304b:
Bottom - small bio-balls for coarse pre-filter.
Middle 1 - coarse pad topped with medium pad (x2) cut from bulk roll.
Middle 2 - empty.
Top - ceramic bio-rings.

Thanks!! So u don't HAVE to use all of the trays??

Fish4bass8 said:
Thanks!! So u don't HAVE to use all of the trays??

No, sure don't. I keep the one empty in the bigger filter just in case I have to use a chemical media (like carbon),a fine filter pad or for seeding new media for another tank, then I don't have to remove anything to add it in.

blert said:
No, sure don't. I keep the one empty in the bigger filter just in case I have to use a chemical media (like carbon),a fine filter pad or for seeding new media for another tank, then I don't have to remove anything to add it in.

That's a pretty good plan!! I think I will do that too!!

Mumma.of.two said:
I use nylon pot scrubbies and car was sponges (not kitchen sponges). I also sometimes use pollyfill. Cheap and work just as well as the 'proper' aquarium stuff.

Very good point.

Just ordered a sunsun 302 we shall see what we shall see lol I really didn't plan to buy it but chucked in a lowball best offer and the seller amazingly took it. So had to buy it lol

Back
Top Bottom