Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a api clear ,5-20 with one beta and one mystery snail . I feed the snail squash two small pieces a night then take out next day which he has eaten most of the time. I have noticing floating stuff on one of my tall silk plants. I don't think the betta is producing it so it must be from the snail. I do my water changes but doesn't my filter cartridge suppose to take care if it. My tank 5.5 gallon. I am not over feeding my betta. Should I get a different filter or a size up or something?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

By floating stuff do you mean a group of bubbles, sorta like a frothy mass? Mystery snails do not produce anything like that but Beta males make bubble nests. My Beta started making such a nest about a month ago. His first ones were more of a frothy mess with tiny bubbles. He has gotten a lot better at it and his nest is now a nice grouping of bubbles. LOL. He sure practices enough. Mystery snails lay their eggs outside of the water and they look like grape clusters. They also poo a lot and it looks like strings of small rice hooked together.

It is snail poo. She don't make bubble nest. Thanks for the reply so how do I control it . I

It is has described so I know it is the snail. Maybe I should try the wafer to control going so much.

Try just feeding every 2-3 days. Overfeeding leads to a lot of waste produced. I feed mine twice a week with algae wafers. They get plenty of food from dead plants, fish food, and algae. They will keep the tank glass a lot cleaner if you do not over feed.

Good idea never thought feeding a snail everyday would lead to this. So I will change the schedule a little at a time to reach the goal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom