Filtration 40gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one is this one Finnex FugeRay Marine+ Aquarium LED Lighthttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GH9HWOA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the other is this one Finnex Ray2 Aquarium Actinic LED Strip
Pet Supplies : Aquarium Lights : Finnex Ray2 Aquarium Actinic LED Strip, 36-Inch : Amazon.com

40 Gal L36" x W18" x H17"
My tank load is
2 siamese alge eaters
1 Chinese alge eater
6 glofish
5 guppies
Hoping these lights are net to much for them. But I will try cutting back on them. I do need to get a timer for them forsure gona get some replacement fake plants to replace these that are brown and hope the less light will keep from getting that browning on them.

Its usually suggested to keep lights to about 8 hours depending on strength of lights. 10-11 hours could probably work.

Also footnote on the Chinese Algae Eater, do a quick search about them on here. As they get big they get mean and can suck the slime coat off fish and kill them. Just a heads up.

I think they get to 4"? But if you buy them juvie, my LFS told us it will take 2 years before they reach that size. I don't see it as an immediate danger to the community.

They seem to do fine right now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom