Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to take my filtration to the max on my 75g. Im thinking a fx5 and a uv sterilizer. Any input? My hobs are making to much noise and I want to add some different medias.

I just want the uv for the clear water and to kill off bacteria and parasites. I want my discus top keep up perfect health.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feel like the fx5 will be overkill. Not in terms of filtration but the output of water.

I have discus too. I retired my canisters because they are a pain to clean every week to 2 weeks. I had a 4 stage filter and it's too heavy to drag from under the aquarium and to the sink. I love my 110 aquaclears - so easy to clean out every week and there's lots of room for media.

I have an fx5, eheim 2217 and an ac 110 on my 135. Unless I can lessen the output of the water I won't put an fx5 on a tank less than 5'

I have an fx5, eheim 2217 and an ac 110 on my 135. Unless I can lessen the output of the water I won't put an fx5 on a tank less than 5'

Or jam it full of filter flow to reduce flow a bit and to polish the water.

I want to stuff it with API products, like biochem zorb, will those pouches be to small? Also I have tons of filter floss to reduce flow if I have to. I have two aquarium quiet flows on and am very limited to media.
Ive checked out the sun sun, but I'm pretty religious on cycling 10x and hour.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Be careful about the hype of UV sterilizers on outflow of canister filters. Depending on the watts of the UV unit, at full to 60% flow it will be good for just green water. You have to slow it down to 30-50% flow to get biological organisms and 20-25% to get some of the tougher pathogens. A good UV unit should show what flow rates will be effective for what you are trying to kill. OS.

Back
Top Bottom