Fin Nippage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am pretty sure Alejandro has been nipping Poker Face's fin. For those of you who don't know, Alejandro is my dwarf puffer and Poker Face is my oto. Pee Eff's tail fin looks like it is chewed up a little.

I keep going over to see if Alejandro is going to nip him, but he is a butt head and comes to the tank every time I go over there lol.

First off, can this be bad? Will this cause an infection of some sort or cause Pee Eff to die?

Secondly, how can I prevent it? More plants to block the line of sight? I keep my fishies fat and healthy so the only thing I can think of is more plants (which I intended on doing anyways, but I have some more I could add from another tank if I need to) I just added a couple, but I was wondering if there was anything else I can do?

From the puffer and oto's point of view, do you think you have clear sections in your tank? If you set up 2 or 3 distinct "areas" with a good hiding place (maybe an enclosed cave that's oto sized?) your oto could hide effectively.

Back
Top Bottom