Fin nipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy14

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have a 13 gallon tank about a month old now and I have a couple of questions. My rainbow shark really bothers the great danio ( correct me if the name is wrong) and it bites its fins. I noticed that 3 days ago part of the danio's back fin was missing. I'm making sure it doesn't get fin rot and I used a stress conditioner for my water, but what should I do to stop the shark, or should I return it?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

you need a 55 gallon tank. Not trying to be rude, I am hear to help.. but you need research the fish you want to keep before you buy them.

Ok thank you how many fish can be in a 13 gallon tank because I think the guy at pet I lied to me

Petco*

Ok thank you

Got to your local pet/fish store and see what fish you like. Then come ask us, and we can approve it for ya. As always, research before you buy. We are all guilty of impulse buys sometimes though.

Ok so I have a 13 gallon tank about a month old now and I have a couple of questions. My rainbow shark really bothers the great danio ( correct me if the name is wrong) and it bites its fins. I noticed that 3 days ago part of the danio's back fin was missing. I'm making sure it doesn't get fin rot and I used a stress conditioner for my water, but what should I do to stop the shark, or should I return it?

just rehomed our rainbow. It got to a point where it always picked one fish. We would rehome the other fish because she loved the shark but then it would move onto another fish.
Some people swear they have no issues but if yours id territorial then I think its just the way it is.
Also yes that tank is way to small.

I have a beautiful 6'' long rainbow shark and he doesn't bother anyone, he's my fav fish actually.

img_3140507_0_530ea6f5595058fbe2849ae887b1efe5.jpg

img_3140507_1_2725a01ee9dbe87c48ef84a3e40a0c28.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421876268.683981.jpg

Mine isn't to full size yet but he keeps to himself and usually only see him at feeding times and when lights are off. Never bothers my tetras or loach in the tank. 45 gallon tank.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Im jealous of both of you. I though of giving it another try with a little baby one but my tank is just to small even at 29

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421889742.265256.jpg This is my guy

Back
Top Bottom