Fin rot disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amrehman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I'm new to this website and this forum.
I noticed signs of fin rot in my betta (in a 5 gal) for a few months now. First I treated with salt baths and after the recommended days I noticed no further symptoms and stopped the baths. That didn't work, however, I started on melafix (after noticing his inflamed gills I researched melafix and bettas and figured out my mistake) and now, after a week of no melafix and doing several water changes, I've started my betta on a mix of Kanaplex and Jungle Fungus Clear. While that's not the root of my question here, please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong or if I can do anything to improve his chance of fighting this.
My actual question refers to my community tank that has also come down with fin rot.
It's a 20 gal long stocked with:
2 guppies (I know I need more but with all pet stores being closed right now due to COVID I haven't been able to go)
4 African dwarf frogs
6 kuhli loaches
1 mystery snail
I believe Kanaplex is okay for the loaches (please correct me if this wrong) but I'm unsure of how it'll affect the frogs and my snail. Does anyone know if I can dose the entire tank? Should I medicate everyone including the frogs or just the fish? Would melafix be the better medication over Kanaplex?
One of the guppies has been pulled out and put in QT as I noticed what I thought was a moderate case of Fin rot yesterday has become severe tonight.
Thanks for your advice and help!

Back
Top Bottom