Fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katelyn1540

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't really know what fin rot is but I do know that it is really bad, and I think my betta has it! If a fish has fin rot do his fins scrunch up? I would really like to help my fish! I don't want to have to take him to the vet!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I don't really know what fin rot is but I do know that it is really bad, and I think my betta has it! If a fish has fin rot do his fins scrunch up? I would really like to help my fish! I don't want to have to take him to the vet!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

most likley is is due to poor water quality
check out my link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_rot

Fin rot is more like the fins get ragged. When you say they scrunch up , do you mean they're pinched in? Look up clamped fins to see what I mean. Clamped fins are caused by stress. Is the water temperature at least 78°? Is the tank cycled and the water clean?

My male betta had fin rot once. I cured it with water changes (the most i was able to considering the size of his tank) and oftenly passed him to a bucket with api salt. You may want to add stress coat to your tank when you finish with the treatment as it makes recovery faster with the help of aloe vera.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just an FYI I haven't seen the OP on here since the 31st. I tried to help but it didn't go anywhere. I believe Laeris tried helping as well. If you want a picture of the betta in question she posted a picture in the breeding section stating that she was going to start breeding bettas (using the one the post is about and some females from big chain stores l believe).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom