Final Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
I understand that I have been making lot's of threads about basically the same thing recently, I am sorry if it is bothering you but please don't post any rude comments about where this thread should be, this is the final stocking idea for my 55 gallon and I would really like your opinions.

-1 Jack Dempsey / Green Terror
-1 Blood Red Parrot
-3 Silver Dollar
-1 Synodontis Eupterus Catfish / Bristlenose Pleco

Thank you

Definitely no a jack, they grow to 10", so the green terror would be the better idea because they only get around 6". Also, the squeaker can get over 8" and the BN only about 4" so the bushy would be the better idea. So green terror, BP, 3 silver dollars, and a bushy nose. I'm not sure if that would work. It may and it may not. A Green terror could completely take over the tank and raise hell, or it might be able to coexist. Also, silver dollars get quite big and are very active swimmer, and can be aggressive.

Maybe getting fish that are similar but smaller and a little less aggressive would interest you. How about 8 Congo tetras, 1 blood parrot, 1 firemouth, 3 spotted Raphael cats.

So how about this...

-3 Silver Dollars
-1 Blood Red Parrot Cichlid
-2 Salvini Cichlid
-2 Surinamen Geophagus
-2 Rainbow Cichlid

If there has to be something taken out I would prefer it to either be the blood red parrot or the Rainbows

The geos can grow over 10" so you would want to have a backup plan for when they start getting bigger. Maybe just 1 of each cichlid, and 5 silver dollars.

So how about this...

-4 silver dollars
1 parrot
1 salvini
1 rainbow
2 geophagus

Last time I kep the geo it got lonely so I don't it to be lonely again. Saying that, wil the other guys be okay without another one of them?

it kept on going up and down the walls so I took it to the fish store and they said it was lonely. Although, it was a fish store... I sort of hung onto that advice... What does it mean if they constantly go up and down the walls?

It could be anything from tank size, water parameters, disease and a lot of other things. I have kept geos alone and together, and they act no different from what I can tell. Mine are always patrolling the rock formations and eating sand...well not eating it but sifting it.

Ok yea I kept it in a very small tank so that was probably the problem, so with the stock be okay?

4 silver dollar
1 blood red parrot
1 salvini
1 rainbow cichlid
1 geo?

Ya, but remember cichlids can be all different. Sometimes you get one that is supposed to be "semi aggressive" and it reeks havoc, and other times super aggressive cichlids fit in with more mild ones. So there is never a guarantee. If that's what you want to try then go for it. Just make sure you test you water, keep up on changes, and if problem arise act accordingly.

I changed my mind a little bit cause I really like the green terror how does this stock sound?...

3 silver dollar
1 green terror
1 blood red parrot
1 salvini

Might be a little tight, but you can always give it a go and see how it works. I would recommend getting them all as small as you can and let them grow together.

Back
Top Bottom