finally cycled 55gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xsryman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i was trying to do this cycle fishless if anyone in here remembers but couldn't do it successfully so i bought 2 comet goldfish. Now my tank is fully cycled and would like to stock it but these goldfish seem pretty happy in their home. Not sure what to do with them. Anyway i was hoping to get some suggestions on stock list and maybe some live plant suggestions. In addition to the two comet goldfish i added my 4 pepper corys and i planted a few live plants already but nothing seems to grow in this tank. Also the 10 gal tank i took the corys from is now left with 4 ghost shrimp and 2 assassin snails, is this enough of a bioload to keep my filter cycling??

Well the tank will not have a cycle crash if your filter continues to run. Although you need to beware of adding fish slowly in your 10g because the tank is going to accustom to a low bioload now

I thinking to add like 4 zebra danios to my 10 gal to keep it going but i kinda an algae problem or somthing growing on the inside of the glass. Any suggestions on plants for a 55gal. I would like a nice ground cover but i dont know what to get and even if i did i have not seen anything available in my lfs. Kyoto grass that's about it.

Is 5000k T8 sufficient enough to grow plant in a 55 gallon tank? I notice almost every thing i put in herr dies

xsryman said:
Is 5000k T8 sufficient enough to grow plant in a 55 gallon tank? I notice almost every thing i put in herr dies

Try growing dwarf sage, it spreads with runners. And I have also had success with it in low light

What effect will this have if I have a school of cory catfish. And can you just grow ground cover in patches?

xsryman said:
What effect will this have if I have a school of cory catfish. And can you just grow ground cover in patches?

Ya it kinda looks like thick blades of grass, I personally think that your Cory's will like them. Also you can many effects like a carpet effect or you can do like patches. Also you can grow it very short 1" to 3"+ giving you a variety of effects that you can get out of it

Back
Top Bottom