Finally going to start stocking aquarium, HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 75g aquarium that has cycled. I really need help stocking. This is my fish stock and clean up crew. Please tell me if this is too much and suggest other fish that will work. I will be housing coral eventually, but for now I want to stock fish.

Lemonpeel angelfish
2 black and white false percula clownfish
Yellow tang/blue hippo tang/kole tang/
4 blue/green chromis
4 spotted cardinalfish

CUC
8 bumblebee snails
6 dwarf red tip hermit crabs
6 dwarf yellow tip hermit crabs
6 dwarf zebra hermit crabs
3 scarlet red hermit crabs
2 emerald crabs
Peppermint shrimp
2 Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
Dwarf colored feather duster

And here are pics of my tank

Attachments

• image-3479452663.jpg
    image-3479452663.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 168
  • image-2232311831.jpg
    image-2232311831.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 154
The tank is too small for a yellow tang and much too small for a hippo tank (both need 6 foot or longer aquariums and more swimming space). The Kole tang should work, I believe.

I know the clownfish and the chromis'll work fine, but I'm not sure about the cardinals, maybe someone else will chime in.

Oh ok thanks! Do either of you know of a good sand shifting fish? I heard that watchman goby bury but that's it

I'm trying to stay away from stars because they may not be reef safe and I'm probably going to get 1-2 of those snails. Also, might get the diamond goby, looks nice

Ok so I saw a snowflake eel at the store and said, I HAVE to get one, soooooo I did LOL. So far he is very nice and has not bothered anything. He has slid over hermit crabs and shrimp without a care. He is currently residing inside a rock with a room mate of a bristle star lol

Yep! Hate to say it but he's prob gonna start picking things off...as for sand sifting.....have you looked into a lawnmower blenny?? I know they shift sand, as to their overall effectiveness I'm not sure of though

Laewnmower blennies eat algae, sand sifting gobies do the sand sifting thing. :)

i have a lawnnmower, such a great personality. :)

Ok then sand shifting blenny it is! And no! This eel is really nice. The guy at my lfs said that if you get him used to frozen food, he won't be tempted to eat any other fish or invert. And from the first day, I have fed him frozen food from my hand lol

Ok then sand shifting blenny it is! And no! This eel is really nice. The guy at my lfs said that if you get him used to frozen food, he won't be tempted to eat any other fish or invert. And from the first day, I have fed him frozen food from my hand lol

Don't be surprised if you wake up someday and livestock os missing from your tank. It may seem nice now but I am sure eventually it will be tempted by something. I assume for now he is just getting comfortable in a new environment. Your poor fishies won't stand a chance when your Eel decides it wants a midnight snack. It is just nature Snowflake Eels as almost any Eel i can think of are carnivorous they will eat most tank mates. They should probably be kept in a tank alone or with certain select fish.

Your store owner tells you this because if fish come up missing you have to go to him to buy more fish. He just made future business with you, and you didn't even know it.

Really? :( I'm going to keep fish that are big, and he seems to have a small mouth so i don't think he could eat the fish, and if he eats a crab or 2 it won't really hurt.

Also, right now I have 2 chromis, and plan on putting 2 more, but the 2 that I have now are always hiding in the same spot. Will adding 2 more solve this, or should I just return the 2 I have since they don't do anything?

Check out some saltwater compatibility charts. You can find them on google images and they will give you a better idea of what you may be able to keep with your eel.

Back
Top Bottom