Finally got my CO2 tank! but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
i'm so happy i finally got my Co2 tank after months and months of thinkin about an extinguisher... the welding supply store said that the extinguisher can't take the pressure of the CO2 so i just got a 10lb new one for $70... anyways
i have the milwaukee all in one unit, but does it require to have a check valve or is it already built in? don't want anything to flow back into the CO2 tank now....

I'm not sure if it has a check valve or not but you do need one. And the standard plastic ones don't work. And the welding store was lying to you. A CO2 fire extinguisher HAS to take the same working pressure as any other CO2 cylinder.

the milwaukee does NOT have a check valve built into it.
and you'd have a bigger problem with water flowing back into the regulator...I'm told any liquid (water or CO2) that gets in the regulator will ruin it. Not can ruin....will ruin.

grr... so i got gyped by the welding guys... feel so mad now, i threw it out right outside of them, they probably took it back and are selling it now

so where can i get a check valve for CO2 use

Back
Top Bottom