Finally, succes with apongeton bulbs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleky plec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so today I went out of town and a few hours later I came back and a stem was poking out of the bulb!!!! :) so what do I do now???? Do I just let the apongeton grow?? And sorry for asking this late.

yep, that's all it takes! I do have to ask, what size tank? I made the mistake of planting them in my ten gallon and now all of the leaves are bunched up at the top...not very pretty. Best of luck!!!

Maxw47 said:
yep, that's all it takes! I do have to ask, what size tank? I made the mistake of planting them in my ten gallon and now all of the leaves are bunched up at the top...not very pretty. Best of luck!!!

Yea it's a ten gallon. But hopefully they won't end up to be the same species as yours. (didn't mean to sound rude lol!) but I hope they grow well. And does taking off the bloom stalk make the plant not go into the dormant phase??

Do you know what species (usually it is listed on the box)? I really do not know anything about blooming aponogetons! I would venture to say that they bloom at the end of the 'wet season' right before they naturally go into dormancy. So if you were to not let it bloom, it won't go dormant. That is my guess. My aponogeton has never bloomed though, so good luck!!!

Maxw47 said:
Do you know what species (usually it is listed on the box)? I really do not know anything about blooming aponogetons! I would venture to say that they bloom at the end of the 'wet season' right before they naturally go into dormancy. So if you were to not let it bloom, it won't go dormant. That is my guess. My aponogeton has never bloomed though, so good luck!!!

Thanks!! And I have no clue why species. Do you happen to know how fast it will grow? Like how fast will it reach 1 inch or 5 inches. Right now it is still a small stem (not even 1 inch).

Hmmmmm... let me think. I remember that they grow rather fast. I would say that it was up at the top of the tank by a week, give ore take a few days. My lights were not good back then though, so it could be faster. My species is Aponogeton Ulvaceus, if you figure out what you have. Best of luck!!!

Maxw47 said:
Hmmmmm... let me think. I remember that they grow rather fast. I would say that it was up at the top of the tank by a week, give ore take a few days. My lights were not good back then though, so it could be faster. My species is Aponogeton Ulvaceus, if you figure out what you have. Best of luck!!!

Thanks!!!! I appreciate the information you gave me!!! And I wish the best of luck to you too!! :)

I have an aponogeton crispus in my 55, better hope you don't have that one either cuz the leaves are about 25 inches long at least. Lol

Back
Top Bottom