Finish this tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
55gal

sand sub

lightly planted (LL lighting)

canister filter

6 gold long finned dannios

6 tiger barbs

what else should i get? I am going to fill out the two schools to at least 10 each.

skiweeangel said:
55gal

sand sub

lightly planted (LL lighting)

canister filter

6 gold long finned dannios

6 tiger barbs

what else should i get? I am going to fill out the two schools to at least 10 each.

Neon or cardinal tetra school? And maybe some ottos. But you would still have a lot of stocking room.

Are the barbs not nipping the Danios? If not then i would add some more barbs but different kinds. I have always loved Melon Barbs and Odessa Barbs. Also Spanner T barbs are nice. As a centrepeice you could put a pair of Rams or Kribensis or Apsito. Bottom feeders maybe too? Brochis corys are good for a larger tank.

I love my Cherry Barbs. Rummy Nose Tetras school tightly and are nice looking. Bleeding Hart Tetras are nice in groups as well.
Emperor Tetras are stunning but research their needs.

A large school of Cory Cats on the bottom would be awesome as long as your sand isn't sharp edged.

I love my Cherry Barbs. Rummy Nose Tetras school tightly and are nice looking. Bleeding Hart Tetras are nice in groups as well.
Emperor Tetras are stunning but research their needs.

A large school of Cory Cats on the bottom would be awesome as long as your sand isn't sharp edged.

YAY Cherry Barbs, the barbs that don't bite! (at least in my tank) :fish1:

A small school of Denison's Barbs, if you can afford the price tag. Plus, as others have said, some Cory cats for the bottom level.

Rainbowfish, rams, killifish, tetras, rasboras, keyholes, angels, khuli loaches, cories, BN plecos, SAEs, otos, gouramis, DGs, bettas, badis badis, leaf fish, discus...I have no idea what you want so I'm just listing what I think would work.

thanks for all the ideas! (y) it narrows the field slightly. i was thinking about a centerpiece fish. Not sure if I was a pair of rams or just a third school with some thing on the bottom. Can't make up my mind.:confused:

HAHA! But thanks for the opinions.

I would love to have a shark, but everything I have read so far I think a 55g would be a little tight for most of them. I'll look into it some more though.

If you want a centerpiece fish but also like cories why not get a medium sized catfish to cruise the bottom of your tank?
I could give you some suggestions if you like that idea.

sure! not sure it is right for the tank, but I won't know unless I know about the fish in the first place! and besides you never know.

thanks for all the ideas! (y) it narrows the field slightly. i was thinking about a centerpiece fish. Not sure if I was a pair of rams or just a third school with some thing on the bottom. Can't make up my mind.:confused:

HAHA! But thanks for the opinions.

I would love to have a shark, but everything I have read so far I think a 55g would be a little tight for most of them. I'll look into it some more though.
actually,a rainbow shark only reaches like 6 inches. the minimum tank size is 55 gallons

Oooohhhh. Can the be single or do they need company? I have to look into them.

you have a semi-aggressive active setup (barbs and danios).

I like the Red tail shark/rainbow shark idea!
and fill out the schools.

Back
Top Bottom