Finished Sump/Fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks good!

The only advice I would give... is before you set it up for final placement, i would seal and waterproof that piece of plywood beneath your sump.

90% of your water changes, top-offs etc go into your sump. You'll be making a number of splashes no matter how hard you try. It's best to have that wood under your sump sealed to protect it. JMO.

Have you shut the power off the return pump to see how much drain back you get? That white PVC on the return hangs real low and unless you have a hole for a siphon break you will get a lot of drain back.

Nice job on the sump.... what size tank is that..

Looks good. What a sense of satisfaction when you watch something you create at work!

KG

seaham358 said:
Have you shut the power off the return pump to see how much drain back you get? That white PVC on the return hangs real low and unless you have a hole for a siphon break you will get a lot of drain back.

Nice job on the sump.... what size tank is that..

I drilled 2 1/8 holes ....1/2 inch below the water line......I shut the pump off and the sump full up and stop about 2" from the top......

BillyZ said:
looks good!

The only advice I would give... is before you set it up for final placement, i would seal and waterproof that piece of plywood beneath your sump.

90% of your water changes, top-offs etc go into your sump. You'll be making a number of splashes no matter how hard you try. It's best to have that wood under your sump sealed to protect it. JMO.

Thanks I will have to waterproof the plywood....thanks for the advice......Im putting in the auto topoff this weekend

Back
Top Bottom