Finnex Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdwhite807

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, I need your help. Looking for some new lights and have been researching on here for a couple of weeks now. I have come to the conclusion that I believe I want to purchased either the Ray 2 or the
Planted +. I still haven't purchased a light because I want to be sure Im getting the right one for my set up. I have a 40G approximately 14" deep with substrate. Im looking for the High end of low to Med light. Im not dosing C02 just adding flourish excel every other day. Which light would get me where I want to be without a huge algae mess? I am also open to other brands based on your own positive experiences.

I ended up going with the planted+. I hope i can stay away from the Co2. I dont think this is enough light to case an algae disaster.

I ended up going with the planted+. I hope i can stay away from the Co2. I dont think this is enough light to case an algae disaster.
cool! Me too.. Hope to have it by thurs.. Let's do before and after shots???

I bought the Planted + about two months ago and have been very pleased with the results. I'm using both Flourish and Flourish Excel in my tank. I keep the lights on for about 8 hours everyday and I hardly have any algae issues. Plus, compared to my last LED lighting the tank looks a lot brighter and nicer. If you enjoy having a moonlight then this light is great for you too!

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey guys, got the light today set it up and I am really happy with how bright it is. My only problem is I think I'm gonna have to run my t5no with it to cover the tank from front to back. The two together look great. I took some before and afters brookster but it's hard to tell the difference from the picture but it is pretty substantial.
T5no
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396405602.694926.jpg
Finnex
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396405652.034866.jpg
T5no + Finnex
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396405704.866849.jpg

Looks sweet!! Was the coverage of just the finnex not enough?? Bad angle??

Yeah it has a hard time covering from front to back just by itself. It looks great with the T5 I'm just worried I will have to much light now and end up with problems.

Well that's concerning, I was hoping to move the t5 to another tank...you have a 40 b correct? 16"deep??

You can experiment with shorter photoperiods while increasing your dosage of Excel. If you start getting a lot of algae you can look into getting some faster growing stem plants to compete. Have you thought of trying dry ferts? They will be a better value in the future when your tank has more plants. Also I think some of your plants are non-aquatic ones.

You can experiment with shorter photoperiods while increasing your dosage of Excel. If you start getting a lot of algae you can look into getting some faster growing stem plants to compete. Have you thought of trying dry ferts? They will be a better value in the future when your tank has more plants. Also I think some of your plants are non-aquatic ones.
good spot!! Those light green on either side of the big rock??

They very well might be. I'm new to this and got these from a neighbor. They have been planted for about 6 months but don't seem to grow. They are just there. Should I remove them? What are some plants you would recommend. It's a cichlid tank and so far they haven't bothers my plants.

Just got it home, but wouldn't you know I have to wait until after dinner to go play with my new toys.. Being a 30 year old child really sucks sometimes.. I want to play nowwwwwwwwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rofc:

Back
Top Bottom