Finnex Planted Plus or Ray 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RightTurnClyde

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm still using an undersized and underpowered Marineland single bright LED on my newish 29 gallon. I want something a little brighter to help my plants grow better/healthier. If I keep mostly low or moderate light plants, would the Finnex Planted plus be a better choice? Or should I go for the Ray 2 since it's only a few bucks more on Amazon? My current plants are Java Fern, Java Moss, Anacharis, Anubias, Rotala Indica, Water Sprite, Dwarf Sag, and Pennywort. I've got a glass top and 18" of water to penetrate.

Planted plus would have better color and you shouldn't have to use co2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Planted plus will be a good fit for your setup..mines kicking butt on my 20 tall (16")

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For your plants the planted + should be fine. However if you want to move into higher light levels theres no reason to waste money on a light fixture you will need to upgrade before too long.

Awesome! Thanks guys. That's the direction I was leaning. I'm not going to want to mess with CO2 or any fussy, high light plants in the near future, so the Planted Plus sounds like the right choice. (y)

You could also get a Build My Led Fixture and buy a dimmer, so that you can start with low-medium light, and move to high light if you want to. Hope this helps! (y)

Back
Top Bottom