Fire Belly Toad BLEEDING! EMERGENCY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patsfan391

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a fire bellied toad for about 5 yrs and he has had a broken leg since I first got him. He does fine though. but I noticed that the same leg is bleeding and appears to be scraped. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? He is my oldest pet and it would be devastating for him to die. PLEASE HELP?

Specifics? Tank mates? Tank size? I had some when I was younger. Couldn't stand the crickets though..
Edit. Your profile says crayfish? Hmmmmmm

The tank is 10 gallons with one other fire bellied toad, I have a basic semi aquatic setup with a reptofilter. I have a crayfish but he has no claws because he still hasn't regenerated them yet so it can't be him. I have the frog in a tub with moist paper toils and a sterilized water dish so his wound doesn't get infected. I haven't seen anymore blood and he is pretty active right now so I think he will be OK. I don't know what else to do.

I have had a fire bellied toad for about 5 yrs and he has had a broken leg since I first got him. He does fine though. but I noticed that the same leg is bleeding and appears to be scraped. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? He is my oldest pet and it would be devastating for him to die. PLEASE HELP?

The fact that he has had a broken leg for 5 years seems sketchy to me. He would have died if it hasn't healed. It is possible it never healed and he rebroke it.

His leg is not rebroke he is just bleeding from an abrasion from something. I am pretty sure he scratched it on one of the rocks in the tank but I'm not positive. Is there anything I can do besides let it heal by itself? here is a picture it's dark though. You can see how his leg is limp, it never healed to the extent were it performs like normal. It doesn't stop him from eating and jumping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom