Fire red shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tristenvadv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey so I bought ten fire red shrimp the other day and now I can barely see any of them. I can only usually find three at a time. Not sure if they magically disappeared because of my Pleco that I had in there (now in different tank) or they are just really good at hiding. I also found some little baby's today so that's good. I was also wondering how long it takes them to grow full size

well shrimps are very good at hiding especially if there are other fish in the tank which i don't recommend if you want to breed them. but i have seen actually my bn pleco eat a few baby shrimps but i think it was by accident since they are all going after the same food in a big mob. and the growth depends on how clean/healthy your tank is, if there are live plants, driftwood, and sufficient type of substrate, and the amount of food and the quality of it. i would say they would sexually mature between 1-3 months.

Yeah I took my Pleco out but he wasn't big at all I wouldn't of thought he could eat a shrimp if he wanted to. but I had ten full sized shrimp in there and today I only saw two when I was looking and only saw the females hope there hiding really well cause I have searched for the guys and haven't seen them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom