Firemouth colors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carlitouus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Quick question that might sound a little stupid.

I moved a few tanks together and left a tank for my bedroom... I purchased a firemouth and accidentally got a what we could call white or grey firemouth... It is indeed a firemouth but looks like a bolivian ram(colorwise)... I really wanted a dark grey kind of black firemouth that I saw at the petstore I Went to... will this white or light grey firemouth get dark? Or they're just different colors? Because I think I will have to bring this one back and get the dark one I really wanted but wanted to make sure this one won't get dark kind of black... Any ideas? Thank you.

Link to pics:

http://imageshack.us/g/715/20120515234532.jpg/

scaled.php

Give him a few days to settle in. Some fish lose their colour when they're stressed resulting in what you see there.

(one of the few things I learnt after my female dwarf gourami arrived nearly pure white and I thought she was a pearl then a few days later she changed to a gorgeous shimmery silver with pale blue and pale orange stripes)

Give him a few days to settle in. Some fish lose their colour when they're stressed resulting in what you see there.

(one of the few things I learnt after my female dwarf gourami arrived nearly pure white and I thought she was a pearl then a few days later she changed to a gorgeous shimmery silver with pale blue and pale orange stripes)

Thanks MissSmish, I appreciate the quick answer. The thing is, I saw Firemouths in the same tank that were very dark and some whites(it was like blacks and whites) so I really wanted the Black one(or shall I say grey). The colors are really not the same let's same.

And say, where did you get your female dwarf gourami? I only found them on a website and shipping like always was $35-50 :eek:.

Oh then that explains :lol: because it's hard to find a female unfortunately ...

Thanks I'll leave it there for a few days and see, I will also call the store and try to get advice.

Thanks again!

I don't know much about firemouths, I do know that a lot of the fish around at my lfs's have little to no colour while others will be stunning, so perhaps it is just time?

Carlitouus said:
Oh then that explains :lol: because it's hard to find a female unfortunately ...

Thanks I'll leave it there for a few days and see, I will also call the store and try to get advice.

Thanks again!

:lol: I didn't realise that, I thought they were all easy...

Good luck & I hope I'm right :lol:

Back
Top Bottom