Firemouth help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddiienno

Aquarium Advice Regular
My one firemouth roams the tank and seems to have claimed a rock as his own. He seems to be the dominate one. My other just kind of hangs by the heater and doesn't move much. Should I be worried or is this just a dominance thing? They are both juvenile about 2 inches right now.

I kept two also mine did the same. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Do you see the one that roams around bully the other guy ? Like I said I don't think you have a problem the one that never moved seemed to just claimed that spot in the tank. Do you have hiding spaces? And is he/she eating?

The other one will chase occasionally but nothing constant. Yes plants and rocks are available. Thanks!

How long have you had them? Seems to me just claiming space that's all?
Is there any other fish in the tank ?

About 3 weeks. No other fish in the tank I wasn't sure if putting other fish would make it worse or not. Sometimes they swim together like everything is fine and then sometimes the one is swimming around and the other is just sitting there not moving. I think everything is okay and I may have a male an a female I can't sex them just yet.

That's funny mine did the same thing. I had mine with 3 green Terrors. Yeah it's most likely a dominance thing. I don't think there's a problem there. Enjoy them

Back
Top Bottom