First Endler Fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiffi

Aquarium Advice Addict
My pure strain Endlers Livebearers (ELBs) had their first fry last night. I've collected 11 so far and had to put 2 back into the tank as food, they didn't swim much at all :cry: .

I guess I will have many fry over the time, but the first batch is always the most interesting one. Those little cuties are even smaller than guppyfry, very sweet :wink: .

Congrats Tiffi !
We got our first Guppy fry yesterday, 17 in total, 2 didn't make it :(
Actually, it was the second fry, the first one we didn't even get to see :cry:
This time I was over paranoid and put her for the last 10 days into a breedertrap at night...
Almost like getting your sheep back into the stable... 2 more days and she would have found her way alone into the trap when the lights went off :wink:
Now I have the fry still in the breeder (without the trap) in my other 10G.
And because of BBS and eggyolk they already seem to grow :)

Good luck !
Volker

Yep, simply hardboiled... 6-7 minutes... I only fed it twice so far... mess is about the same as with BBS :)
I take an icecube tray, put a little piece of eggyolk in one compartment and solve it with tankwater.
Then I inject it slowly back into the breeder using one of my 5ml pipette tips. They go nuts over it :)

But to be honest... too much effort for a fry of just 15... I didn't want to keep it in the fridge or even freeze it. Guess I will just use it whenever I have leftovers from a breakfast egg :D

Back
Top Bottom