First fish death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, I was watching the LFS girl chase the ottos around and try to net them (with the wrong type net to begin with) and flashing back to stuff I'd read around here.

Good news is that the MIA one has shown himself and the two that are left are looking quite well fed now and having survived the first 24 hours, I think I'm out of the woods. I should probably get another one though...I've read that three are the bare minimum. They are in my 6.6 with my female betta (and one lone white cloud that I took out of the community tank for closer observation...he was keeping to himself hanging around the bottom and not seeming to be lured by the temptation of food--I am hoping that male betta harrasment and a tendancy toward solitariness is the cause of his behaviour not sickness). Should I limit it to three ottos in a 6.6?

yep when i buy ottos i wait till they have big shipment and tank is full .If they only have a few they usually kill them with the net trying to catch them and still wake up next morning with less in tank then day before.

My tank is relatively new so I still don't have visible algae growth. I've got algae wafers and blanched veggies in the tank for them; however, they keep sucking on the tank walls. Does this mean that there's some algae there for them to eat that I just can't see yet?

I'm paranoid about them not getting enough food. They will eat the wafers and fresh veggies if hungry enough, right? The past few days I had spinach, peas, and broccoli in the tank. Now I've got a piece of cucumber.

Back
Top Bottom