First fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemamauggly

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's your first fish you ever had

I'm curious to know!
Mine was a dragon goby and a red tail shark

My first fish was a betta. I got a 1g decorative tank for him and just plopped him in it. I got him in the winter and my room was pretty consistently 60 degrees. Poor little guy never had a shot. To this day I feel bad about doing that to him...is that weird?

My first fish was technically my girlfriends Betta cause she had it when I moved in with her. But my first fish (that I care to share about, since technically I had a guppy first) were 2 Platy's. I had a red and yellow. My girlfriend liked them because she said they reminded her of us. Even though there was 15+ platys in the tank, those 2 preferred each other all the time.

Funny thing was that when we broke up and I moved out, the one she liked (yellow) died. The red one awlays hung around my plant which is yellowish. He died a few weeks later.

Ny first fish was a single red belly piranha, i picked him up for $4.99 when he was dime size and put him in a 30 all by him self, now iv got a 75 with a flowerhorn and a 13 in pleco.

My first fish was a black moor goldfish I shared with my sisters. He lived in a bowl for about a month before he succumbed. I was 7 and I cried until mum bought us another.

Well, if you mean family fish. I had a Betta named Martini.
My first fish I bought myself, 3 gallon: 4 black neons, 12 white mountain minnows. Not my best moment:( lived an entire 3 years together. then into a 10 gallon no cycled. Still not good, then added more fish. Had 2 black neons live for 6 years!

My very first fish was a Goldie that I had won at a fair. I did not have a tragic ending with mine though. He lived for nine years with my second fish (an Oscar) in a 90 gallon until we rehomed him to a pond

My very first fish was a Goldie that I had won at a fair. I did not have a tragic ending with mine though. He lived for nine years with my second fish (an Oscar) in a 90 gallon until we rehomed him to a pond

The lucky ones !!

When I was really little, I had a Dalmatian Molly first :) but my first fish I got after I was serious about fish was a dwarf gourami

My first fish were a blue dwarf gourami, otto, 3 neon tetra and 3 long finned red minor tetra given to me in a bud light beer pitcher. My old neighbour asked us if we wanted them. He did give us the 20 gal tank but he cleaned it first hence the beer pitcher. He wanted the pitcher back

It was a Goldie from a.........WEDDING! I'm always the oddball, not a fair or carnival, a wedding. Goldfish were put in tiny 1 cup (yes, ONE literal MEASUREMENT OF WATER CUP) and there were a lot of not so happy parents taking goldfish home home that day, since there was a big announcement saying they were giveing away the goldfish after the wedding. I didn't go, my mom brought it home. He was quickly out inba one gallon tank bowl, but I broke it by accident and upgraded to a 5 gallon Walmart kit, and bought some "friends". A rather large catfish (which went back after a couple days), some neons a Otto and a zebra danio. The Goldie died after 6 months and the rest lived a year. I upgraded to a 20 at that time, and got me a basic edgumacation on fish from AA. Now I've got my 45 long, and I'm a Nazi about good cleanliness in the tank now.

Back
Top Bottom