First Goldfish Tank queries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vicarfishie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am about to purchase 2 goldfish however want to provide the best care for them both. I have been given this tank from a friend and am wondering if it is appropriate for the fish. I have read a lot online and heard lots about a bowl being harmful for the fish.

bHnHAVg.jpg

1. Does this tank look to small for two goldfish?
2. Is this the correct tank to own to look after goldfish. Do I need to purchase a tank?

Thanks!

The tank looks way too small. You could use the tank for other types of fish, perhaps, but not goldfish.

Well done for doing your research :)

Update! I have purchased a larger tank and am now going to purchase smaller goldfish.

Hope you like the ornaments...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393372122.162670.jpg

Update! I have purchased a larger tank and am now going to purchase smaller goldfish.

Hope you like the ornaments...

View attachment 224808

If that is a ten gallon, please refrain from putting a goldfish in there, unless you have plans for a serious upgrade (55 gallons) before the end of the year. Common goldfish grow up to 12 inches and have a huge bioload. Please look at the link that I posted before.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I believe the store we went to today suggested to start off with nano fish (or fish of that size). If they are not goldfish then I think that's where our wires are crossed!

I find it incredibly humbling that you have taken the time and effort to consult other fish owners on this matter. You have clearly taken on board the advice and I am delighted that this is the case. Your new set up looks extremely serious and I feel this will create a super environment for our aquatic allies. The fish world would be a better place if pet shops were driven by fish welfare rather than cash in the til.

I wish you happiness with your new fishie friends.

Fish Martin :fish1:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom