First Holding Female

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathanpopp

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today I bought a female red zebra from my LFS for my Male. Found out when I got home that she is holding. The thing is I don't know how long she's been holding, or what im really supposed to do. I have her in a 10 gallon already cycled by her self. I put black background around it to keep her more calm.

When I look into her mouth, I can see little eyes. Also she looks like she hasn't eaten in days.

HELP

You can wait till she spits them out or strip them from her. She will be fine holding females don't eat they whole time they are holding ime

Alright. If she spits on her own, do I need to put her back into my main tank right away?

I would separate mom and fry. If you have the apace. Start feeding her a few times a day. And start feeding the fry ground flakes are pellets. They should be fine

The mom is now eating pellets. Looking a little better. The fry don't swim very well. Is that a problem?

They just flop around. You're sure that I don't need to put them into an egg tumbler?

Back
Top Bottom