First Loss =[

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
i got home today from my 2 day trip up north to a bad looking tank. i could tell that the light was left on overnight the day i left then turned sometime early the next morning. all of my corals were shriveld up really bad and some of them are turning white. i also couldnt find my firefish or bangaii cardinal. i wasnt too worried bout the firefish cuz he likes to hide a lot. but the bangaii has only not been out in the open one time before. i fed the tank to see if they were both hiding and that got the firefish out. the bangaii was still not to be seen. after some close inspection i saw a part of his ribcage in between 2 rocks. i pulled the two rocks apart that were stuck together (on their own) and there his head was. i found my emerald crab and halloween hermit munching on him. no idea why he died. he was supposably spotted earlier today but who knows. tank parameters coming later.

im mixing up a new batch of saltwater rite now to be safe. perameters are still on the way.

are my parameters bad? (besides the nitrates). and now that im thinking about it, i have an opening for a new fish... hmmmmmm.......

Your parameters are fine and possibly slightly scewed since you are testing after a fish death, which in a small tank can sometimes alter the numbers.

i thought that they were ok, so now that we rule that out, could it have been my emerald crab? im going to wait a little for my tank to stabalize but any suggestions for a new tank mate? i would like something vibrant and active. maybe some kind of wrassie?

Back
Top Bottom