First part ordered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadthedad

Aquarium Advice Regular
just ordered the first part I needed to convert my 75 gallon over to fish. I should be getting the Tanganyika Rock background from Aquaterra next week.

One item down, many others to go. But the rest is much less expensive.

i hear ya... between tank, stand, canopy, lights, filters the whole works... i figure my new 120 gal is gonna run me $1500... OUCH!

no low tech... no plants with big fish... oscars and tinfoil barbs... planted... forget about that... wife would kill me

I've factored in around $1500 for my new still-haven't-decided-on-90g-or-115g planted setup.

Might be more if I get the cabinet/stand thingy custom-made. I'm just not into pine.

Anyway, I digrees. nice work Chad. Don't forget to post them pics.

no low tech... no plants with big fish... oscars and tinfoil barbs... planted... forget about that... wife would kill me

Sorry, cog, both the Oscars and Tinfoils will be too big for a 75. Both reach better than 14 inches, and the barbs do best in schools of six or more. Oscars seem to do better in groups, if they are added all together. Not enough elbow room in a 75.
Try dwarf cichlids and congo tetras. Your wife will dig them.

Dave

sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread chad... sounds great on the tank... hope all goes well for ya and dont forget to post pics :)

dave im putting the oscars and tinfoils into a 120... not 75

Sorry Cog, mis read. Had the original poster's 75 in my head.
Gonna be stocking up on the Romaine lettuce and leaf spinach for those tinfoils, eh? About 80 percent of their diet should be vegetable-based. Oscars don't mind a bit of the green either.
Adult tinfoil barbs are one of my favorite fish, but since I keep planted tanks . . .

Dave

no worries dave... thanks for the tip on the lettuce... didnt know that about tinfoils... again thanks for the info...

Back
Top Bottom