First planted tank show-off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rianyu

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've planted this tank from the start since I've kept tanks with fake plants only before I picked the hobby back up again. Felt like this would be a healthy natural environment for the fish. I've had these planted for a while but just to grow some out and get fresh trimmings before I went with a scape.

Hope this looks good to you guys, I am pretty happy with it! There are some stuff I want to change but maybe in the far future. My fish seem to enjoy this one.

Front of the tank is white fine grain sand for my cories and the back and center is stratum. I didn't have proper dividers so some of it got under the sand, but I think it'll be ok.

Picture is a bit foggy, I'll update once it clears up!

Attachments

• IMG_20150126_213111_nopm_[2].jpg
    IMG_20150126_213111_nopm_[2].jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 107
Congrats on deciding to go live plants for a healthy environment for the fish. You have a nice start. Just a suggestion, I'd put a black background to help hide the equipment and wires. It also adds depth and makes the plants and fish pop. Maybe put the thermometer to the side of the tank so it's less distracting. Some moss would look great tied to the branches of the dw. Looking forward to updates.

Looking good! I agree with above^

Im gonna have a tough time hiding everything as this tank will be seen from 360degrees

I really like the layout of your tank with the rocky formation over the sand, that's nice. I just started a new tank with sand and I may borrow your idea. a lily of some sort would look great in there also

Thanks guys! I picked up some moss this week along with some shrimp (they are for another tank) and tied them to the wood! I am hoping I did an OK job but I may or may not mess with it a bit more when I do my next water change.

TBH, the rocks started out as me trying to compensate for not having substrate dividers! I think it worked out good with little rounded tops poking out here and there.

Going to pick up a background for the tank this weekend, I couldn't find anything on hand that could work.

Attachments

• IMG_20150130_080700[1].jpg
    IMG_20150130_080700[1].jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom