First planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griffin120398

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I'm going to buy a 10 gallon kit. My question is what lighting do I need? I would like to go as cheap as possible to save money for fish and plants but I know that there is no such thing as cheap in this hobby? any advice would be great

Thanks!

Ok first we need to know what kind of plants you want once you pick you plants you can pick lights frets and co2 regiment if needed.

I for sure want a amazon sword. I also wouldn't mind getting something that carpets.

Ok here goes nothing swords are low light but once you start carpets boom you need high light and with high light comes fertilizer and co2 supplement. What are your tank dimensions. You can diff get away with one t5ho dual fixture and 6500k bulbs

Ok definitely only need a single t5ho dual fixture after that it's just getting frets and co2 and root tabs if you get root feeders a good ecosubstrate is a deffinet

For substrate I was thinking flora max with a little sand over it because I want some Cory cats. Thanks for all of the help.

You've already got the idea my corys love my Tahitian moon sand make sure it's a good 1/2" bed of sand flora max is great as we'll eke us posted on your progress we are always happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom