First saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie321

Aquarium Advice Regular
Five months ago today I decided to start my first saltwater tank. I bought a bare bones setup with just the equipment, tank, sand, some decor, and a coral banded shrimp. (Dry rock added by me) a month later I added two clowns and the month after that I added a royal gramma basslet. The clowns have been in for four months and the basslet has been in for three months. I am running a fluval c-4 HOB filter with 5 stage filtration, dual led strip lights, and 3 power heads. The tank has been doing fantastic and I have had no problems so far. I'm addicted!

Attachments

• IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3816.jpg
    IMG_3816.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3817.jpg
    IMG_3817.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 137
It looks to be doing well but just a few things.
Why does it look like there is fw gravel in there? How big is the tank? Are you keeping it fowlr?

May I suggest adding normal sand, into the tank. It looks good though some minor changes could make it epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The bottom is Hawaiian black sand with white pebbles. I bought the tank like that, so I didn't know if changing the sand would mess the whole biological filtration up, I would really love white sand though. The tank is a 46g bowfront. Currently keeping it fowlr until I can afford some better lighting and sum setup.

May I suggest adding normal sand, into the tank. It looks good though some minor changes could make it epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Again, I would love the look of white aragonite sand, but i don't know how to go about replacing the black sand.

I wouldn't bother replacing it. You could stir up some real nasty stuff

tank looks great . you doing things right starting slow learning all you need than you will graduate to a reef I'm sure . you never know maybe Santa will hook you up with a new light .

Back
Top Bottom