First tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZackReed

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm currently setting up my first aquarium, it is 10 gallon marineland bio wheel with the blue and white LED lights. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with live plants using this LED set up. I just put in two well developed green carabomba plants and I'm using black Tahitian moon sand as the substrate, have not yet cycled.

ZackReed said:
Hey guys, I'm currently setting up my first aquarium, it is 10 gallon marineland bio wheel with the blue and white LED lights. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with live plants using this LED set up. I just put in two well developed green carabomba plants and I'm using black Tahitian moon sand as the substrate, have not yet cycled.

Oh my gosh, that's so funny because I started a few years ago with that tank and put some cabomba In too. The lighting is not very good for any plants at all. Cabomba is more of a high light plant. But when I put some in that tank with the LEDs, they actually lived a few months. I've since learned that it's not the proper lighting.

Yea I googled and read up a little before I bought, said moderate to high lighting was needed, guess I should have done more research on the LEDs. Thought I was being smart getting a kit with that lighting. In your experience, do you know any plants that would work?

Yea I was originally goin to get java fern, but the ones they had at petsmart was not very good looking, brown splotches all over it. But this cabomba actually seems to be growing well, it's been in the tank only a few days but it definitely has grown, uppermost part of it is almost out the water now

Back
Top Bottom