first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swiftwing7

Aquarium Advice Regular
i plan on getting a salt water tank, and before i go any farther please correct me if i say anything wrong. i think i will get something larger than 50 gallons so it is easier to maintain constant temperature and other things (not sure which). i am not a newb to fish just aquariums i actually fish alot (hope thats not offensive here) but would like to be able to take some fish from the ocean and put them in my aquarium later if this si possible. this is kinda confusing but after just reading some of the posts on this site (very good by the way :D very helpful) i am starting to learn. i do have a genuine interest in this and would eventually like to be able to have a reef aquarium.
to start if anybody has some nice helpful information to a starter or nice threads similiar to this they could point out that would be appreciated.
i don't understand the cycling process very well and would like to know more
does lr add plankton and little organisms basically adding real ocean to it or do some micro organsims you have to get specially for special fish if needed
last i don't know what else to ask about becasue i don't know enough to have specific answerable questions yet. but someday!

thanks a bunch

Step one: Buy "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" By Robert M. Fenner and read it cover to cover. It helped me out tremendously.

Step two: Read everything you can before you decide. Skim the SW forums, especially the Getting Started forum.

Back
Top Bottom