First time cycling tank questions, water test results (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are you sure of the cycle? Did you have a rise in ammonia and nitrites. and then a rise in nitrates.

yes my ammonia rose to maybe 2-3 and my nitrite got as high as maybe 15 or so, then it slowly came back down. now all i have is nitrates around 5 or so i have 2 clowns and cleanup crew everythings still 0 i check twice daily

i did have 1 fish death it was a clown, i originally had 2 clowns but 1 got stuck to the intake of my maxijet 1200 so i had to replace it

melosu58 said:
are you sure of the cycle? Did you have a rise in ammonia and nitrites. and then a rise in nitrates.
who are you asking? I'll go ahead and start a new post, hackteck thanks for hijacking.

Yeah I think you'll find if your amonia, nitrite and nitrate has gone to zero quickly you're looking at an interum reading. Like lando said it could just be that the bacteria consumed it and then there was no more.

If you go and add a pair of clowns there may not be enough bacteria to handle their significant waste increase and you'll have trouble in one of those three areas.

Levels being "in the green" doesn't mean a proper bacteria colony to keep your tank safe. Take the advice of those who've been there... leave it for between 6-8 weeks.

Some say these bacteria starter solutions don't work, but one in particular impresses me a lot and that's Stability my Seachem.

i already have 2 clowns for maybe 2 weeks now everything is still 0 but i dont plan on adding anything else for another few weeks

Back
Top Bottom