first time planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so I am almost done cycling my aqueon 36 bow front tank. I am thinking maybe i will add some live plants. my lighting is only the standard single bulb that comes with the tank. what plants could I get with that bulb?

Definitely low light. Are you planning on ordering plants or are you going to try and buy locally? If you have ready access to a Petsmart and their packaged plants, give their anubias nana, java fern, and Amazon sword (Echinodorus amazonicus) a go. I started out with a 37 gal with standard lighting and grew java fern and Amazon sword w/o any issues. As the PP mentioned, java moss is great in low light as well.

yeah I have access to lfs, petco, and petsmart. also don't mind the web that is where most of my shopping is done.

Coleallensmom said:
Definitely low light. Are you planning on ordering plants or are you going to try and buy locally? If you have ready access to a Petsmart and their packaged plants, give their anubias nana, java fern, and Amazon sword (Echinodorus amazonicus) a go. I started out with a 37 gal with standard lighting and grew java fern and Amazon sword w/o any issues. As the PP mentioned, java moss is great in low light as well.

I also bought amazon swords from petsmart and have a 29 gallon with stock lighting.. The plants are doing well, grew about 3 times the size when purchased. I am however going to be buying a new lighting setup that is t5ho so I can get more plants.. You should be fine with a stock light and the plants listed above.

Back
Top Bottom