Fish bite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys! Came home today and I noticed one of my bichardi has a bad looking cut/bite on his head. I believe it's a bite but wanted see if maybe it's any type of sickness or disease. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

What fish do you have?

Bichardi - simi aggressive
Frontosa -simi aggressive
Black Calvus -harmless
Gold Face Calvus -most aggressive
Compressses -aggressive
Blue Dolphin -medium aggression
Deepwater Haps -harmless
Lulupi -harmless
Syndo -harmless
Pleco -harmless

Who done it?

Keep an eye on the other brichardi and see if anyone attacks him. If not it could be him.

Two weeks ago this fish got bite.. I'm guessing. Nielsen he like to stay in his corner.. He comes out to eat but spends most of the day between two rocks on the far side of the tank.
Do you think he's going to die?
Do you think he's scared to come out?
Does it look like the bite is healing?

Attachments

• image-3775023177.jpg
    image-3775023177.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1703119027.jpg
    image-1703119027.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 122
He should be ok. Just avoid stressing him out unnecessarily. Keep an eye out to see if he is being picked on. Brichardi although small are tough. The compreccips would of inflicted bigger wound and wouldn't have stopped. Other brichardi may have chased him away for territory.

He should be ok. Just avoid stressing him out unnecessarily. Keep an eye out to see if he is being picked on. Brichardi although small are tough. The compreccips would of inflicted bigger wound and wouldn't have stopped. Other brichardi may have chased him away for territory.

He actually got really puffy and stop eating about two days ago. He was lying on his side in a quarantine tank. Had to let him go rather that suffer.

Back
Top Bottom