Fish confused with new food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bioworldmaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bunch of tiger barbs who were always fed the slow sinking pellets BioBlend brand.
I don't know why, but I just couldn't find it for sale anywhere anymore, so I decided I should try something new.

I got the Tetra Pro crispies, which I thought would be similar, but to my surprise they are more like the floating flakes.
I put some of this food in the aquarium. It was just so funny, they could smell it, they were somewhat agitated as when fed with regular sinking pellets I think, but they didn't know where it was! Finally, after quite a while, they found it but didn't know how to approach it...

Should I start alternating the floating flakes with the sinking pellets until they get used or just keep feeding them the flakes until they learn that is the food? What do you think?

IMO if you have to tempt a fish like barbs to eat, it's the wrong food. I would feed flakes or frozen foods which they should eat greedily. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom