Fish deaths... Help pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patti60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Set up my 60 gal tank. 2months ago. Cycled the tank all is fine with the water. PH is a little on high side at 7.4. No ammonia
Issues. Am a little bit of a micromanager so all tests and water changes r scheduled etc. do about a 25%change when needed. And added the last fish about 3 weeks ago with no issues. I now am experiencing three deaths all different types of fish. Two small tiger barbs one little turbo algae eater, and the most recent a rainbow fish. Anyway, would like to know if the high PH could cause this

That's so odd then. What all is in the tank? Could something be leaching toxins? Maybe try buying from a different store.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

25% when needed?? What does that mean if your parameters are ok. Are you saying you dont do regular water changes?

I do the water changes about every 2 weeks or if the tests indicate a need for it. I have not lost ant more fish since my last post. The one thing that I noticed the other day is, that my filter had slowed down due to some java moss being caught up in the intake. Maybe the slowing down of the water flow was causing a problem with the O2 levels.:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom