Fish eatting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-1840935303.jpg
I got this fish it was called rainbow I just watched him eat one of my cherry barbs I was told these to coul live together but I can see they can't now my question is what kind of fish this is I'm also scared cause now I have 1 cherry left from 4 and I have black neons roun the same size as the barbs I don't wanna lose them all be4 I can get to the fish store

I got this fish it was called rainbow I just watched him eat one of my cherry barbs I was told these to coul live together but I can see they can't now my question is what kind of fish this is I'm also scared cause now I have 1 cherry left from 4 and I have black neons roun the same size as the barbs I don't wanna lose them all be4 I can get to the fish store
You actually watched the rainbow fish kill and eat the barb? Rainbows are really peaceful and have small mouths so this is really surprising to me. Well fed rainbows are even said to not eat their fry

I didn't watch him kill it or I would of stoped it I just happened to walk in the room as he put it in his mouth. My fish are well fed they eat twice a day and I make sure they all get some. I noticed he started bullying all the fish smaller then him for about 3 days or so now and that's y the barbs n all the tetras were hiding

I've never seen a fish with a smaller mouth than a rainbow. I find it hard to believe that it attacked and ate a fish 1/3 of its size. Could it have been carrying around a piece of the barb?

I've never seen a fish with a smaller mouth than a rainbow. I find it hard to believe that it attacked and ate a fish 1/3 of its size. Could it have been carrying around a piece of the barb?
As what I could see it was the full one oh well I'm going to take him back I didn't rlly like him to much any way

He looks like a rainbow I once had.... evil little thing. Nippy. Very nippy.

I'm a rainbow fan, have ten of them in a tank that I have been growing, some are 2 1/2 inches long and they have a problem swallowing small pellets.... A rainbow swallowing a 1" barb.... Sorry, no.

I think its likely that the barb died and was picked at, even picked up, by the rainbow.

How long have you had both fish? What other fish are in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom