fish eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varknight

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an aquarium about 6 months old. Recently i noticed what looked like a cocoon thats about 6 inches out of the water that looks like some sort of eggs but not sure if they are eggs how would of they gotten so far out of the water or if they arnt eggs what else could it be.

What's all in your fish tank? Water could of washed eggs up that's high.

Varknight said:
2 betas, 2 tetras, a Molly, Dano, and 3 cats.

Couldn't of been Molly since livebearer but does it look like a group of eggs together or just a glob of white?

Couldn't of been Molly since livebearer but does it look like a group of eggs together or just a glob of white?
its looks like a bunch of small round eggs grouped into one sack

Do you have mystery/apple snails? It sounds like a snail egg clutch. What size tank?
I have three mystery snails but they arnt the same. I have a black, yellow and I just added an ivory one a week agao

Varknight said:
its looks like a bunch of small round eggs grouped into one sack

If you provided a picture that would help but I'm pretty sure they are eggs not a bad thing like a sickness. Fish are normal and were one of your fish big recently?

Varknight said:
I have three mystery snails but they arnt the same. I have a black, yellow and I just added an ivory one a week agao

They are the same just different colors. Google mystery snail egg clutch and see if that's what your looking at. I'm 100% that's what your seeing.

Varknight said:

Totally missed that info pretty sure know snail eggs!

They are the same just different colors. Google mystery snail egg clutch and see if that's what your looking at. I'm 100% that's what your seeing.
Thats it after i googled it looks like a mystery snail egg sack

Scoob and the gang solved another one. But ya good old mystery snail eggs. If in a week or so if you shine a flashlight into the eggs u should see dark spots. If not the eggs are duds and not fertilized

Back
Top Bottom