Fish finally....now when to feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! After 6 weeks of cycling and 4 days of making sure things are stable I finally got fish!! YAY!!! I now have 4 spotted cories and properly acclimated them today. I read not to feed for 24hrs (correct?) after bringing them home. And how often should i feed these little guys? I have hikari algae wafers for them. Will they also eat the food I give to my fish? Thanks for your suggestions :)

Congrats on your fish! Corys are particularly fun. Yes they will eat any food you feed to your other fish if it falls to the bottom. I also supplement my corys 2-3 times per week with either an algae wafer or some shrimp pellets. You could also drop the wafer or pellets in after lights out so they have a better chance at getting some before the other fish do.

Thanks librarygirl! I just read your other message....ooops. You answered my questions in that. Is there any certain time of day to feed or is it just a personal preference?

Shrimp or krill pellets are great for corys. I feed mine 3 times a week.

If they are juveniles I'd feed them daily, but if they are adults then i'd skip days. They get a lot scavenging as well, so if you are feeding other fish there is usually some leftovers that they will get into.

Back
Top Bottom