Fish for 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baydo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wondering what fish would be good for a 20 gallon tank. It is a plantee tank and I'm also think of having shrimp CRS

Chili Rasbora is my go to shrimp "safe" fish, you could have 20-30 in a 20g long.

Small dwarf cory cats are good options, oto cats, any snail, amano shrimp.

These fish are 50% shrimp safe in my experience:
Any tiny tetra (ember, neon etc.)
Celestial pearl danio
Emerald rasbora
small danios

Basically if the shrimp and or shrimplets can fit in a fishes mouth, they are not safe.

What is your pH/gH/kH? have you kept shrimp before?

Definitley want some Oto Cats.. great janitors

And I recommend a L134 Leopard Pleco. There cool lookkng and only grow to 3 inches max.. Little spendy usually $50 for the pleco

Here is one of my Oto Cats and one of my L134 Leopard pleco

Both of these are choice IMO

37812932804_ed5f332446_h.jpg

Ph: 6.5
Don't know my gh and kh I'm waiting for my test kit.
I was thinking maybe 8 red cherry shrimp, 4 otos, 8 neon tetras, and 4 cories
Or would this be overstocked

stick to the inch per gallon rule. Adult size.. Shrimp I beleive you can have a few above that level. Low bioload

The shrimp rule is 10~ per gallon and the 1 inch only applies to smaller fish which those are, but no you definitely aren't over stocked. Shrimp have nearly no bioload so the 10~ per gallon is a pretty legitimate thing

Wondering what fish would be good for a 20 gallon tank. It is a plantee tank and I'm also think of having shrimp CRS

Any of the small tetras (neons, glowlights, lemon, &c.). Platys, small rasboras or cherry barbs. Just make sure your shrimp have plenty of cover: some fish are fine with them, others see them as a snack tray.

I would say a bristlenose pleco and some schooling fish. Maybe a Raphael catfish if you like cat fish , maybe some tetras like some bleeding hearts, or black skirts, neon tetras are nice if you get a bunch. You could always get a couple water frogs or something. Mainly smaller schooling fish though and a couple bottom feeders

Back
Top Bottom