Fish for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tigroscr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I'm going to be getting my 55g set back up and was wanting some ideas for fish. I have a 75g agressive tank and want to do this one pretty much non agressive. I will be moving over 2 of my existing angel fish from my 75g and 1 gold Severum from my 40g and about 3 to 4 yo-yo loaches. I was thinking about getting a bn pleco possibly and maybe some clown loaches I think they're cute but idk for sure about them cuz I heard they can get huge! Any other ideas would be appreciated! And btw I have converted all my tanks over to pfs ( pool filter sand) and will be setting this one up with the pfs as well. :)

Well here's this for what it's worth - My brother has a 75 with 2 angels, silver dollar fish, bristle nose, reg pleco, 1 clown loach, 1 gold gourami and the loach is HUGE! - but.... there is almost never any interaction between the angels and the loach - I guess he's more of a bottom fish. However, any fish that gets in his territory or just to close; woe to that fish! I guess he's about 10" and he WILL eat anything to small or to slow. Hope it goes well for you!!

JoeBob said:
Well here's this for what it's worth - My brother has a 75 with 2 angels, silver dollar fish, bristle nose, reg pleco, 1 clown loach, 1 gold gourami and the loach is HUGE! - but.... there is almost never any interaction between the angels and the loach - I guess he's more of a bottom fish. However, any fish that gets in his territory or just to close; woe to that fish! I guess he's about 10" and he WILL eat anything to small or to slow. Hope it goes well for you!!

Yeah unfortunately I've heard they can get really big but I didn't know they were normally aggressive too! Well I guess i will scratch the clown loach off my list due to size and aggression. I have a rather large TO in my 75g and i want to avoid this scenario in my 55g. Thx for the info JoeBob :)

Not to rude but I havent heard of clown loaches being aggressive. In your instance you have just one loach and that's the reason for the aggression. Clowns need to be in schools of at least 5 or more. And as far as size to grow to ten inches takes several years. I don't have clowns yet but I'm researching to get some. Again not trying to be rude.

What about cherry shrimp do you think they would be o.k. In this tank with the stock list I provided at the top of this thread? If so how many, do they need to be in groups of 5 or more?

somethingsfishy said:
Not to rude but I havent heard of clown loaches being aggressive. In your instance you have just one loach and that's the reason for the aggression. Clowns need to be in schools of at least 5 or more. And as far as size to grow to ten inches takes several years. I don't have clowns yet but I'm researching to get some. Again not trying to be rude.

Your not being rude at all, I'm not offended I myself had never heard of clown loaches being agressive either. I think your right though they do need to be in groups. I think theyre a very interesting looking fish and I most definitely would get a few if I had a 120g. But in this 55g I'm trying to avoid really large fish! I love my TO but I don't want a fish that size in my 55g. :)

Nah not rude at all. Talked to my brother today n he said it was because he is the only one. He had others but he's the last one left.

Back
Top Bottom