Fish for a 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I think this will satisfy my need for another tank at least for the time being. In a few months I will be getting a 29 gallon. Now I have an idea of the fish I want but still not sure on the quantity.

I know I will have a few mystery snails cause I want to move them out of my 50 gallon. I would like to have a betta, a small pleco, and then some cardinal tetras. Approximately how many do you think the tank could handle? Thanks in advance :)

15 would be pushing it.....I think you could do 10 with a betta and small pleco. But that would stock your tank. If you want to leave some room open for possible future additions do around 5. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your advice. But I may have to rethink my approach I was browsing again and I think I will go with a bigger tank. So I shall have to rethink my selection again, lol.

Zagz said:
Bigger is always better IMO. MTS is difficult, bigger tanks ease the symptoms, temporarily that is. :wink:

Yep.. 120gal.. 180gal and tanks that wrap around corners in your house really help MTS temperarly.. :p :biglol:

Zagz said:
Bigger is always better IMO. MTS is difficult, bigger tanks ease the symptoms, temporarily that is. :wink:
Hehe, I think I'm going to go with another 50 gallon. I think I will take my time stocking it maybe that will help also :)

Back
Top Bottom