Fish for a 29Gal freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Relic1882

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. As some people know who've read my other posts I recently developed an empty 29 gal tank. When it's all done cycling again, I want to get maybe 2 fish that will grow nice and big to take up room in it. I don't want to crowd it and I want to keep it simple. I thought of getting a couple oscards because I love how they react with their owners, but I learned they would get too big and that's a no-no. Does anybody have any suggestions? I just want a couple fish that will get nice and big. :) thanks.

A 29 gallon is definitely not big enough for even 1 oscar, let alone 2. You could keep 1 firemouth in there, or a pair of convicts if you like Central American cichlids. Or, you could go with dwarf cichlids like blue rams, Bolivian rams, kribs, apistogramma, etc. and get a school of tetras or something. I know there are some African cichlids that you could keep in there, if you are interested in Africans I would PM Menagerie. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom