Fish for a planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coleallensmom said:
Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the next ones do better!

I hope that they will do better. Thanks! :D

My LFS gave me 2 bigger size angels (twice the size) for the 2 that passed even if I only returned one. I got a refund for the pemafix as well.

One of the healthy small angel passed. I really suspect that it's the BGK..

Do not put buenos aires tetras in your planted tank. They love plants. I made that mistake and spend about $20 a month replacing plants they devour.

Agreed. Buenos Aires tetras are the WORST plant eaters out there. I've learned from experience. They will eat anything green. They even tried to eat plastic plants.

Have to agree there. I have two buenos Aries tetras in my daughters tank and they mow the plants almost as bad as my wife's silver dollars. Thought we were safe planting that tank but am learning the hard way AGAIN! Oh well

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Thanks for the info. No buenos aires tetras for me! :)

One of the healthy small angel passed. I really suspect that it's the BGK..

It seems strange that none of the other fish have been bothered, but maybe the baby Angels just aren't swimming away from him fast enough. Does your BGK have a place in your tank where he can hide and feel safe? If he has somewhere that he can stake as his territory (preferably away from the area the Angels most like to hang out), I think he'd be less likely to go after any other fish. Possibly a cave or a piece of PVC pipe to hide in?

Coleallensmom said:
It seems strange that none of the other fish have been bothered, but maybe the baby Angels just aren't swimming away from him fast enough. Does your BGK have a place in your tank where he can hide and feel safe? If he has somewhere that he can stake as his territory (preferablly away from the area the Angels most like to hang out), I think he'd be less likely to go after any other fish. Possibly a cave or a piece of PVC pipe to hide in?

Yes, the BgK has his spot to hide and sleep. The angels usually stays on the other side of the tank. The baby angels started to become more confident when I added the much bigger angels. It happens when I turn of the light. Not that I've seen the attack but all 3 that passed, I discovered in the morning.

Tim Wheatley said:
A piece of perspex plastic or something should work well. Just slide it in.

Its going to be hard though. I will need to move some plants and driftwood to do that. I'm thinking of just returning the BGK or wait for the 33g to cycle and put it there until I get a bigger tank(for arowana). I read that BGKs are good arowana tankmates.

Either sounds good. But it might be pretty expensive right now to keep giving your BGK Angelfish feeders...

Tim Wheatley said:
Either sounds good. But it might be pretty expensive right now to keep giving your BGK Angelfish feeders...

I just called home to check on the fish. All are still alive. I'll give the BGK a few more days then I'll decide. Maybe return the bgk and trade for angels.

*ha* I agree on both accounts.

Roy...I can't wait to see ths tank once it's full of Angels and the plants are well established. I love planted Angel tanks. :)

Coleallensmom said:
*ha* I agree on both accounts.

Roy...I can't wait to see ths tank once it's full of Angels and the plants are well established. I love planted Angel tanks. :)

I can't wait either. It's taking forever! Lol :D

What do you think of danios with angels?

Back
Top Bottom