Fish for small tank - Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AAFOY

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Daughter is asking for a goldfish as they had one in nursery. I know nothing abut fish but after doing a bit of research I have read that goldfish should not be kept in small tanks. We are looking at a 21l tank and my daughter has said she wants an orange coloured fish. Can someone suggest fish that are orange and easy to keep please. We only wanted 1 or 2?? Preferably not a heated tank as this just seems more complicated. Many thanks for any advice :)

Research Betta fish and how to cycle a tank. Bettas do require a temp. around 78 degrees. They are very colorful, and once established not too hard to take care of.

Welcome - good research, the goldfish is totally out. A betta also springs to mind. But keep meaning to check out nano fish options here and I'm sure the various local shops may have more options.

If you get a heater which is adjustable (and a tank thermometer to check it), then pretty much set, check with instructions and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom